ViewVC — Web-based Version Control Repository Browsing
The most recent stable release of ViewVC is: 1.1.23
What Is ViewVC?
ViewVC is a browser interface for CVS and Subversion version
control repositories. It generates templatized HTML to present
navigable directory, revision, and change log listings. It can
display specific versions of files as well as diffs between those
versions. Basically, ViewVC provides the bulk of the report-like
functionality you expect out of your version control tool, but much
more prettily than the average textual command-line program
Here are some of the additional features of ViewVC:
- Support for filesystem-accessible CVS and Subversion repositories
- Individually configurable virtual host support
- Line-based annotation/blame display
- Revision graph capabilities (CVS only)
- Syntax highlighting support
- Path-based authorization
- Commit metadata query facilities
- Template-driven output generation
- Colorized, side-by-side differences
- Tarball generation (by tag for CVS, by revision for Subversion)
- Ability to run as CGI script, under mod_python, or as a
standalone server application
- Regexp-based file searching
- INI-like configuration file (no code tweaking required)
- Localization support based on the Accept-Language request header
For a complete list of changes present in each release, see
ViewVC's CHANGES file.
Wanna Talk About ViewVC?
|If you have questions about ViewVC — how to configure it, if
some behavior you are seeing is expected or not, and so on —
send email to email@example.com or use your favorite IRC client to
pop into #viewvc on irc.freenode.net.
||If you'd like to discuss the actual development of ViewVC itself,
or submit a patch to ViewVC's sources, you can do so on our
development list, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who needs screenshots when you can visit and interact with running
ViewVC instances? The following sites are running various versions